Looking for Grace Notes

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Waiting for tomorrow...

Hello everyone,

Well, I’m happy to say things are getting better. Tom is having fewer blank moments and is less shaky although he still tires easily. We’re still both feeling like deer in headlights about the whole thing but I’m hoping that too will ease. We still have a lot of questions. Like why do the dizzy spells always begin with an odd round of body odor? Why does he blank out and why is his sense of smell so suddenly keen? Is any of this normal? If it isn’t, what does it mean?

I do have some good news. I’ve been asked to return to my old job a couple hours a week. It will be a relief to have some money coming in so that we can build our savings account back up. I’ll be creating PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets. I will hopefully find out more tomorrow but it will be wonderful to have that small margin of security again.

Also, tomorrow is my first day away from Tom as I’m finally starting my internship at Dimmitt. YAY and EEEK! Don will be staying with Tom and helping him set up and install the Life Alert systems which should hopefully arrive in the afternoon. It should be a good, if stressful day. I’ve gotten so used to being with him it’s hard to imagine not being at his side. I know he’ll be okay, I know that, but it’s still hard to let go. I can’t even imagine what things will be like when we have kids! If I worry about leaving my husband alone I’m going to be a nervous wreck as a mother! EEEKK!!!

I asked Tom what he wanted to say and he says he hopes that everyone is still working hard in the band and will be ready to pick up things Monday. He says he misses working with the students the most and I can vouch for that. He’s talked about nothing but coming back to school since this happened. He also wants to thank everyone again for all the words of support and the wealth of information about seizures we’ve received.